Detroit's BEST Kept Secret? This Courtyard Marriott Will SHOCK You!

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Detroit's BEST Kept Secret? This Courtyard Marriott Will SHOCK You!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the supposed "BEST Kept Secret" in Detroit: the Courtyard Marriott. And lemme tell you, my expectations were… well, let's just say I wasn't expecting fireworks. But, SURPRISE! (Spoiler: It wasn't ALL sunshine and roses, because life NEVER is, right?) Here's the raw, unvarnished truth, with all the messy details you crave.

(SEO is gonna eat this up, I swear… wait for it…)

Accessibility & Safety: They Tried, Bless Their Hearts.

Okay, first things first, because I'm a stickler for this: Accessibility. Were things truly accessible? Overall, yes. Wheelchair accessible ramps and elevators were present, and the Facilities for disabled guests seemed decent. The Elevator was a lifesaver, especially after a long day of hitting up Detroit's hidden gems (more on THAT later). They definitely tried.

Now, on the Safety front, I felt… mostly secure. They've got the obvious stuff covered: CCTV in common areas and outside the property, a Security [24-hour] presence (always a plus!), Fire extinguisher, and smoke alarms. Felt pretty standard. The 24-hour Front desk was also a comfort, y'know, late-night pizza emergencies are a thing. Not a huge deal but they even had a Doctor/nurse on call.

I mean, the list is long: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, Staff trained in safety protocol… you get the picture. They seem to be keeping their noses clean, which is always good. And the Room sanitization opt-out available gave me some much needed peace of mind knowing I had the choice.

The "Wow" Experience: Spa Dreams & Poolside Daydreams (Mostly)

Forget the fine print, let's get to the juicy bits! They boast a Swimming pool [outdoor], and a Pool with a view. The view was… adequate. Don't expect a Monaco vista, but hey, it's Detroit, not the French Riviera, so you know you have to lower expectations sometime.

And a Spa? Now, that's what I'm talking about! I'm a sucker for a good spa experience. Their Massage was pretty good. If I'm being totally honest, compared to the rest of the city, even Detroit's best, it felt like going from the slums to a mansion.

The kicker? Their Sauna and Steamroom! After all the walking, I could just close my eyes and I'd swear I was on another planet. I could have stayed there all day.

Rambling a Little About the Rooms & Amenities (Because, well, I'm Rambling)

Available in all rooms… well, most of them at least and for a decent price. The Air conditioning was a MUST, trust me. I'm a very hot person, very easily. I personally can't live without an Alarm clock and that was there. The bathrooms? Pretty standard, but the Bathtub, a very nice touch, even if I did forget my bubbles. Free Wi-Fi in the room was a given, and it worked. The Internet access – wireless, was also a blessing. I could work, watch movies, stalk people, the usual. The bed: HUGE plus! Extra long, comfy… slept like a baby.

The Coffee/tea maker was my salvation. My sanity depended on that thing. And the Refrigerator was a godsend to keep things cold.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Food Adventure (and the Occasional Letdown)

The Restaurants within the hotel offered the usual. The Bar was a decent hangout, especially during Happy hour. The Breakfast [buffet] was… well, it was a buffet. It wasn't gourmet, but it was satisfying. The Coffee shop was a lifesaver. I went through about 5 cups. The Poolside bar was a nice touch.

They had Room service [24-hour], but the menu was limited. Late-night cravings? Prepare for a slightly disappointing selection, but hey, convenience is king sometimes, right? I did enjoy the Bottle of water in my room, definitely appreciated.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

Alright, let's talk about the nitty-gritty. Daily housekeeping was on it. Laundry service worked. Dry cleaning was available, a convenience that saved me from wearing my wrinkled travel clothes! The Concierge was helpful. They have a Gift/souvenir shop. Important for tourists, I guess. They even had a Cash withdrawal machine!

For the Kids:

I don't HAVE kids, but I saw a few running around. They have some Kids facilities (I didn't investigate, though).

Getting Around:

They offer an Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], so you can save on parking fees!

The Honest Truth (The Bit Where I Get Really Real)

Okay, the Cleanliness and safety were mostly consistent. Mostly. One day, I swore the elevator button looked a bit… sticky. (I'm being honest, here!) And while the staff were generally friendly, some were clearly more enthusiastic than others. It's a hotel, so you get what you get, and you have to roll with it.

The "Shocking" Part? Not Really.

The "SHOCKING" part of the headline? Well, it's hyperbole, obviously. Was it mind-blowing? No. Was it a solid, comfortable, and often enjoyable experience? Absolutely. This Courtyard Marriott isn't going to rewrite the hotel guidebook, but it offers a decent experience for a good price.

My Quirky Observation

I kept running into the same lady in the lobby, reading the same book. I think she lives here. I kinda wanted to ask her what she thought about it, but I never built up the courage.

My Emotional Reaction

  • Overall: A solid B+. Not earth-shattering, but reliably good.

The SEO Payoff (At Last!)

  • Keywords: Detroit hotels, Courtyard Marriott Detroit, accessible hotel Detroit, Detroit spa, Detroit outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi Detroit, Detroit downtown hotels, family-friendly hotels Detroit, fitness center Detroit, Detroit restaurants, Detroit travel, things to do Detroit

The Pitch (The Salesman in Me Awakens!)

DETROIT'S BEST KEPT (MOSTLY) SECRET: UNLOCK YOUR DETROIT ADVENTURE!

Here's the deal: Forget the generic hotel experiences. You're coming to Detroit for something real, and you need a hotel that understands that. The Courtyard Marriott in Detroit offers a surprisingly good time. This isn't your average hotel.

Here's what you get:

  • Comfort & Convenience: Spotless rooms, comfy beds, reliable Wi-Fi (seriously, it works!), and all the amenities you need for a smooth and enjoyable stay.
  • Relaxation & Rejuvenation: Indulge in the spa, sweat it out in the fitness center, or just chill by the outdoor pool. (It's Detroit, not Miami, but it's still pretty good!)
  • Safe & Clean: We’re committed to your safety. You'll have peace of mind with our stringent cleaning protocols and a 24/7 security presence.
  • Detroit Delights at Your Doorstep: Conveniently located near, well, a lot of things (I'm not gonna lie, the details change). Explore amazing restaurants, museums, and other attractions within a few minutes.

Book your stay NOW and receive:

  • A complimentary upgrade to a room with a view (subject to availability).
  • A discount on spa services, because you deserve it.
  • FREE parking, because nobody wants to pay for parking.
  • Guaranteed smiles from our front desk staff. (Okay, maybe that's a slight overpromise. But we're trying!)
  • This amazing deal only lasts for a limited time. Don't wait!

Click here to book your Detroit adventure now and experience the (mostly) shocking side of this Courtyard Marriott! [Link to Booking Website]

Don't miss out on Detroit's (almost) best-kept secret!

Minneapolis Downtown Oasis: Courtyard's Unbeatable Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Okay, strap in, buttercups. This isn't a travel itinerary, it's a therapy session disguised as a potential Courtyard by Marriott Livonia Detroit experience. Prepare for a rollercoaster of "meh" and "maybe I'll write a song about that."

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia: A Love/Hate Story (Probably Mostly Hate, Let's Be Real)

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of the Lobby

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). Pray to the gods of luggage that my bag isn't circling in baggage claim purgatory. Anecdote: Last time I flew, my suitcase ended up in Omaha. Omaha! I’m still not sure how that’s geographically possible. Ended up wearing the hotel bathrobe for the entire first day. Felt glamorous, obviously.
  • 1:45 PM: Uber/Lyft struggle is REAL. Drivers always seem to be either perpetually 5 minutes away, or "completing a delivery three blocks in the wrong direction.” Finally, find a ride. (Probably a minivan driven by a guy named "Bubba" blasting polka music.)
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in at the Courtyard. The lobby. Oh, the lobby. It’s… fine. Standard business-y hotel lobby. Quirky Observation: Always amazed by the sheer volume of beige in these places. Beige carpet. Beige walls. Beige hopes and dreams.
  • 2:45 PM: Room. Okay, it's a room. Bed, desk, TV. Clean-ish. Emotional Reaction: Minor disappointment that it doesn’t have a view. Of anything. Just the parking lot. My soul is already dying a little.
  • 3:00 PM: Plunge into the "work" part of "work/travel." Email triage. Zoom meeting. Contemplate the meaning of life while staring at the ceiling. Rambles Start: Why is the ceiling always textured? What's the purpose? Is it a conspiracy by the wallpaper industry to keep us from achieving true enlightenment? Probably.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at something nearby. (I'm sure there's a chain restaurant involved. I’m not going to lie, I am a sucker for any salad bar.)
  • 7:30 PM: Back to the room. Watch TV. Flip channels endlessly. Emotional Reaction: I hate myself for loving reality TV. But also, I love reality TV.
  • 9:00 PM: Try to sleep. Fail. Blame the strange, chemical-smelling air conditioning. Messy Structure: Okay, I might have a secret stash of chocolate I brought along. Don't tell anyone. This is between us.

Day 2: Detroit (Maybe) and the Quest for Something Real

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Disgusted. Need coffee. Emotional Reaction: Coffee machine in the room. Coffee that tastes like the inside of a shoe. Sigh.
  • 7:30 AM: Breakfast at the hotel (ugh). Opinionated Language: That "continental breakfast" is an insult to continental breakfasts everywhere. Stale bagels. Watery scrambled eggs. A sadness masquerading as food.
  • 8:30 AM: Attempt to venture out. Rambles: Detroit. Hmm. What to do in Detroit? The Henry Ford Museum is a must. I mean, it should be. But it's a big day. I feel like I’m a bad person for not being more excited to see what history can offer. Maybe I’ll just order a pizza and watch some documentaries.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Maybe go for a burger at a place that someone told me about. (It had good reviews online, I’ve been burned before tho.) Imperfection: Will I find it? Will it be worth it? Will I get lost? (Probably.)
  • 2:00 PM: Work, work, work. The never-ending tedium of the corporate overlords.
  • 6:00 PM: Repeat Dinner. Maybe venture a bit further afield. Something local. Single Experience Doubled Down: (The Quest for a Real Detroit Experience) Let's double down on this! I am going to find a real Detroit experience. I will ask the locals. I will explore dive bars with neon signs. I will find the best coney dog in the city. This is my mission. This is what gives my trip meaning!!
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the room. Exhausted. But fulfilled? Maybe. Probably. Or maybe just hungry again.
  • 10:00 PM: Struggle to sleep again.

Day 3: Farewell (Thank God)

  • 7:00 AM: Coffee. Same shoe-flavored coffee.
  • 7:30 AM: Breakfast. Attempt to eat something other than a bagel this time.
  • 8:30 AM: Final work/meetings/whatever.
  • 11:00 AM: Check out.
  • 12:00 PM: Airport. Security. More waiting.
  • 1:00 PM: Flying home. Emotional reaction: Honestly, relief. Relief to escape the beige abyss. But also, a sliver of hope. Did I achieve my Detroit mission? Am I an explorer? Who knows. Maybe next time I'll bring a decent coffee maker. And a friend. And a therapist.
  • 4:00 PM: (Hypothetical) Back home. Unpacking. Laundry. Contemplating booking next trip. Immediately regretting it.

Disclaimer: This itinerary is subject to change based on my mood, access to decent coffee, and the whims of whatever "real Detroit experience" I happen to stumble upon. May contain traces of sarcasm, existential dread, and a burning desire for a really, really good nap.

Moab's BEST Hotel? Fairfield Inn & Suites Review!

Book Now

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United StatesOkay, buckle up, buttercup! Because "Detroit's BEST Kept Secret? This Courtyard Marriott Will SHOCK You!" deserves more than a sterile FAQ. Let's dive in, headfirst, no life jacket.

Detroit's BEST Kept Secret: Courtyard Marriott FAQ - The Real Deal (and the Occasional Whine)

Alright, so I know what you're thinking. "Courtyard Marriott? Groundbreaking." But trust me. I've been around the block, seen my share of dingy hotel rooms in Detroit (looking at you, Budget Inn on 8 Mile!), and this place... this place surprised me. Let’s get into the nitty-gritty, shall we?

1. Okay, Okay, Spill the Beans. What's the "Best Kept Secret" Part? Is it Really That Good?

Look, I'm not gonna lie. I went in expecting the usual: sterile, predictable, and smelling faintly of chlorine and disappointment. But BAM! It wasn't. Here's the secret sauce: Location, Location, Location! It's smack-dab in the *middle* of everything. Museums, restaurants, the freaking *riverfront*... all within walking distance (or a very short Uber ride if the Michigan weather is being extra sassy). And the *vibe*. Not gonna lie, it was chill. Like, "I could actually relax here" chill, which is a rare commodity in Detroit hotels, believe me.

But the BEST part? The coffee. The coffee! It was actually *good*. And I'm a coffee snob, ask anyone who knows me. This wasn't that watery hotel swill, this was the real deal. Which, you know, makes a world of difference when you're trying to survive a business trip or a weekend of exploring the city.

2. Speaking of Location, Give Me the Deets. Where Exactly Are We Talking About?

Alright, pull up Google Maps. We're talking downtown, *central* downtown. Close to the GM Renaissance Center (which, let's be honest, is a bit of a maze, but hey, it's an experience!), and the Detroit RiverWalk. You can practically smell the Coney Island dogs from the hotel (okay, maybe not *practically*, but you get the idea). It's a *very* convenient base for exploring the city. Seriously, you can ditch the car and walk to a surprisingly large number of attractions, which, in Detroit, is a huge win.

3. Okay, Fine, Location Sounds Great. But What About the Rooms? Are We Talking Spartan or Stylish?

Okay, okay, here's where it gets interesting. The rooms aren't *super* luxurious. They’re not the Ritz-Carlton. Think "slightly above average Courtyard Marriott." Clean, modern-ish, comfortable beds (which is *crucial* after a long day of battling potholes), and the bathrooms were... well, perfectly acceptable. Not fancy, but functional. My only gripe (and this is a *minor* one) was the lighting. A tad dim for my liking. And the air conditioning was a bit loud. But hey, I'm a light sleeper, what do you expect?

My room was super quiet, though. I never heard any hallway noise. Which is a massive win for any hotel, I've stayed at many a hotel where you could hear the late-night revelry of other guests. I think they've done a really good job, and the attention to detail in the renovation shows.

4. Breakfast. The Most Important Meal! What's the Deal? Free? Delicious? Or a Sad Bowl of Cereal?

This is where things get... complicated. Breakfast is *not* free. Which, honestly, is a bummer. They have a restaurant downstairs, and you can order breakfast from there. The options are... okay. Standard hotel fare. Eggs, bacon, the usual suspects. Nothing to write home about, to be honest. I ended up grabbing a quick bagel and coffee most mornings at the cafe counter, it was easier. I'm a simple gal.

The thing is, it's Detroit! You can literally walk a block or two and find some amazing breakfast joints. I went to Dime Store and it was well worth the walk. So, while the hotel breakfast isn't the *best*, it's not the end of the world. Just budget accordingly, and maybe scope out some local spots before you go.

5. The Gym! Crucial or Completely Overlooked? Tell Me the Truth, Does It Have the Essentials?

Okay, the gym. I’m gonna be *brutally* honest here. I'm not a gym rat. I have the best intentions, I swear! But I glanced in. It *looked* decent. Treadmills, some weights, the usual suspects. Nothing groundbreaking, but it seemed functional enough. You could probably get a decent workout in. Listen, I don't want to lie to you. I didn't *use* it. But it *was* there. And it looked clean, so that's a win, right?

6. Parking! The Eternal Detroit Question. What's the Damage?

Parking. Ah, yes. Detroit, land of the parking meters. Parking is 100% *not* free. Which is annoying, but par for the course downtown. Valet parking is available, which is convenient, but it adds up. My advice? Factor it into your budget. If you're driving, check the hotel's website for the latest rates. Sometimes there are deals, or cheaper options nearby. But be prepared to pay. Trust me, the convenience of staying downtown is worth it (most of the time).

7. Okay, Let's Get Real. What Was the One Thing That *Really* Bugged You? The Ultimate Pet Peeve?

Okay, aside from the slightly dim lighting and the so-so breakfast, there was one thing that *really* irked me. The elevators. Oh, dear God, the elevators. They were slow. Seriously, *agonizingly* slow. And sometimes, they were completely full. I’m talking, waiting for an elevator longer than it takes to order a pizza. And then another one, only to get crammed in. It’s a small thing, I know, but a busy hotel with slow elevators is a recipe for frustration. They really need to fix that. Seriously, people! Fix the elevators!

8. Beyond the Practical Stuff, Did You *Enjoy* Your Stay? Did It Feel Like Detroit?

Here’Searchotel

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Livonia Detroit (MI) United States

Post a Comment for "Detroit's BEST Kept Secret? This Courtyard Marriott Will SHOCK You!"