
Unveiling Beekman: NYC's Hidden Gem Hotel (Thompson Hotel by Hyatt)
Unveiling Beekman: NYC's Hidden Gem (and My Actual Honest Thoughts) - A Messy Dive
Okay, alright, buckle up buttercups. We're talkin' the Beekman. The Thompson Hotel by Hyatt. The supposed "hidden gem" in the heart of, well, everything in New York City. I just spent a few days there, and lemme tell ya… it was an experience. I'm gonna give you the real deal, the good, the bad, and the slightly-burnt-toast-under-the-buffet-table truth. Forget the corporate brochure speak. This is unfiltered.
First Impressions (and the Whole Accessibility Thing):
So, accessibility. That's my first concern, always. This ain't exactly a walk in the park, folks. The Beekman, with its gorgeous Victorian architecture, is old. That means charmingly… imperfect. While they do have facilities for disabled guests – and they are listed, but a friendly face is always nice. The elevators mostly work, the staff tries hard, and they seem to know the drill for navigating things. It's not a perfect experience, but they clearly try.
The Rooms: A Sanctuary… or Just a Nice Room?
The rooms… they are nice. Real nice. I mean, the details are on point. The blackout curtains do their job (thank the sweet lord!), the beds are comfy (especially after a long flight or a full day of shopping), and the toiletries smell fancy. You get your usual suspects - complimentary tea and a mini-bar, even a safe and extra pillows for some of us back-pain sufferers. I loved the large windows that open, even though it gives you a view on the outside world. I just want to say, sometimes, you do miss home.
Cleanliness and Safety: Is it Germ-Free and Safe? (Mostly Yes!)
This is where the Beekman shines. They take cleanliness seriously. I'm talking serious. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays. And while I didn't opt out of room sanitization (because, duh, who would?), it was an option. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained in safety protocols. I felt safe, which, in this day and age, is a major win. I spotted CCTV cameras at strategic locations and the security seemed ever-vigilant. I didn't check myself, but I guess there was a doctor/nurse on call.
Getting Around (and Avoiding the Chaos):
Okay, getting around in NYC? Nightmare fuel. The Beekman's location is fantastic for getting around a lot of places. Right in the thick of it, so you're close… to everything. But that means traffic, noise, and people, people, people. They offer airport transfers, car parking (on-site, but NOT free), and valet parking, which is worth the (slightly eye-watering) price. I prefer a taxi now.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Feast for the Eyes… and Possibly the Stomach?
Alright, the food situation. This is where The Beekman gets interesting. Two restaurants (yes multiple), bars, a coffee shop and, of course, room service (24-hour, thank you very much!). The famed Temple Court by Tom Colicchio. Holy moly, it is gorgeous. The main restaurant features a glass ceiling and is just stunning. The food is delicious, if you can afford it. The service can be a bit… uptight, but hey, you're paying for that fancy experience, right?
I had a "meh" moment at the bar, but the bar at Temple Court is beautiful. The drinks are well-made, but again, prepare to pay. They had a happy hour though!
The coffee shop is solid for a quick bite or a caffeine fix. I appreciated the grab-and-go options, even though I am not a fan of breakfast.
Things to Do, and Ways to Relax: Spa Day… or Just a Long Bath?
Spa?! Yes, darling, there’s a spa. I didn't indulge in spa treatments this time, but the pool with a view is stunning. They’ve got the works: sauna, steam room, gym… The gym is well-equipped, but honestly, after a full day of walking around Manhattan, my idea of "fitness" was collapsing on the bed.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Matter (and They Mostly Do):
The concierge was super helpful, arranging reservations and pointing me in the right direction. They do offer a daily housekeeping service. The elevator is there; the air-conditioning works well, and they have a convenience store.
My One Big Annoyance… but also a Beautiful Moment:
Okay, here's my one big gripe: the Wi-Fi situation. They offer free Wi-Fi in all rooms. But it was spotty. It was a bit painful to connect, and it kept cutting out. It was so frustrating.
But it was worth it.
I think back to an hour. I was alone in my room and there was a thunderstorm. I think that the sounds were beautiful and created a sense of safety, of belonging. I sat there and watched the world. I wasn't looking for anything. It was perfect.
For the Kids: (Maybe) A Special Occasion?
If you're bringing kids, the Beekman isn't specifically geared towards them, but they have babysitting available and family-friendly options, so it’s doable.
The Verdict: Is the Beekman Worth It?
Look, The Beekman is a luxury hotel. It’s an experience. It's not perfect, but it's undeniably stylish, and the location is incredible. It can be pricey, but if you're looking for a memorable stay in NYC, this "hidden gem" is absolutely worth considering.
My Personal Offer (Because I'm Feeling Generous):
Book your stay at the Beekman NOW and get:
- A complimentary upgrade (subject to availability)!
- A bottle of wine on arrival!
- A late check-out (so you can soak up those last few moments of luxury)!
Why? Because you deserve it! Because the Beekman is worth it. And because, frankly, after my experience, I want someone to enjoy it as much as I did (and maybe, just maybe, avoid the Wi-Fi woes!).
Click here to book your unforgettable New York City escape at the Beekman today!
Escape to Paradise: Pickalbatros Laguna Vista Resort Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're talking The Beekman, a Thompson Hotel in New York City, and I’m about to unleash my inner travel goblin. Prepare for a rollercoaster, because, honestly, I'm just flying by the seat of my pants and hoping for the best.
Day 1: Arrival, Architectural Swooning, and Existential Bag-Check Angst
- 1:00 PM: Land at JFK. Immediately regretting my decision to wear those white sneakers. New York, baby! Gotta look the part… even if I also feel like a giant, clumsy newborn giraffe. Ugh, the crowds. Praying my luggage makes it – had a nightmare in Rome once…
- 2:30 PM: Train into Manhattan. Okay, the subway smells like… well, Manhattan. But hey, it’s New York! I should probably be more excited. Maybe.
- 3:30 PM: Arrive at The Beekman! Seriously, I saw pictures, but the sheer gothic gorgeousness of the atrium blew me away. Photos do NOT convey the feeling of being swallowed by this architectural majesty. It's like stepping into a fancy birdcage of swirling iron and light. My jaw ACHES from staring upwards.
- 3:45 PM: Check-in. The staff are impossibly smooth and chic. Feeling like a complete schlub. Trying not to spill coffee on them as they explain the hotel amenities. (They did offer me water, a nice touch, but I was too awestruck to even think of accepting. Rookie mistake.)
- 4:00 PM: Finally, the room! And… it's AMAZING. I booked the smallest room they had (yes, I'm budget-conscious, sue me!), but it’s still ridiculously luxurious. The decor is all dark wood, plush fabrics, and a view that, while not of the epic, sweeping-city variety, is charmingly of… office buildings. Still, I'll take it. The bed, though… oh sweet, sweet heavens, the bed. I may or may not have done a little happy dance on it. Don't judge.
- 4:30 PM: Drop-off the suitcase. (Actually, that requires a bit more preparation: the panic of whether to unpack, or just to live out of the suitcase. I'm leaning towards the second option. Easier to run when the existential dread kicks in.)
- 5:00 PM: Exploring the hotel: gotta say I'm already more enthralled by the hotel itself than NY! Wandering the building, touching every surface (not weird, I swear), gawking at the details. The restaurant, Augustine, looked lovely; the bar upstairs, The Bar Room, feels very, very expensive. Might require a pre-cocktail pep talk in the mirror.
- 6:30 PM: Dinner at The Bar Room. (Here goes nothing! Trying to channel my inner Mad Men character, but I’m probably coming off more like… me. Flustered and slightly terrified of all the sharp angles.) Order: An overpriced cocktail that I can't quite pronounce, and the oysters because why not? Regret immediately sets in as the waiter looks at me as if I've uttered a curse. Oysters: I love them, and I want them. After 5 minutes I manage to swallow them as if I'm eating a cold rock.
- 8:00 PM: Post-Dinner: Walk around in the hotel and enjoy it. I feel as if I'll get used to the ambiance and feel like a local… Maybe.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the room. Collapsed on the bed. Exhausted, slightly tipsy, and utterly enchanted by my hotel. (Okay, maybe I’m in love.)
Day 2: Culturally-Intense Overload and Pizza-Fueled Redemption
- 8:00 AM: Woke up after some sleep. I feel as if I'm in a world of dreams. Looking at the light shining on my face, the room is beautiful!
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at The Beekman. Ordered the avocado toast because it's basically required. The avocado was aggressively green and expensive. The coffee, however, was excellent.
- 10:00 AM: Venture out for some cultural immersion. Aiming for some museums.
- 11:00 AM: Decided to visit the Statue of Liberty. The boat to the statue was great! Even if the line was like a kilometer. I've never liked lines, but it was worth it.
- 1:00 PM: Went to the Financial district. The sheer size of the buildings is intimidating! The buildings around the ground are so high!
- 2:00 PM: Lunch. Found a random street pizza – my craving was satisfied!! The slice was folded in half and consumed in about three bites. Pure, unadulterated joy.
- 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Walked in the hotel park (yes, there are parks).
- 6:00 PM: Some snacks and a glass of wine in The Bar Room. I felt like a local.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner: I don't remember what I ate - maybe I was too full of pizza!
- 8:00 PM: Back to the room. Watched some content.
Day 3: Departure and the lingering ghost of luxury
- 9:00 AM: Wake up: The last day! I'm sad, but it's time to leave!
- 10:00 AM: Checking Out. I actually felt a pang of sadness leaving. This hotel… it got to me. The staff were so kind (even to the slightly frazzled and sleep-deprived me).
- 11:00 AM: Heading to the JFK. Saying goodbye to Manhattan…
- 12:00 PM: At the airport, there's nothing to do but think about whether I want to go back again. Maybe.
This itinerary is far from perfect, absolutely. It's disorganized, it's subjective, and it's probably more about me and my neuroses than any actual useful travel advice. But hey, at least it's honest, right? And honestly, The Beekman? You were amazing. I'll be back… eventually. Maybe I'll even learn how to be a functioning, sophisticated human being before then. (Doubtful, but a girl can dream.)
Menorca Magic: Your Dream California Apartment Awaits!
Unveiling The Beekman: NYC's Quirky (and Sometimes Chaotic) Hidden Hotel Gem (Thompson Hotel by Hyatt) - Let's Get Real!
Is The Beekman *Really* as magical as the photos make it seem?
Okay, buckle up, because the answer? It's complicated. Yes, the atrium? *Breathtaking*. That nine-story skylight? Prepare to have your jaw drop. The architecture is legitimately stunning; it’s like stepping into a Wes Anderson film, only far less controlled chaos and way more...well, New York City. The reality? It’s *almost* as magical. But the magic is laced with a dash of "hangry tourist," a pinch of "where's the elevator?" (Seriously, there are a LOT of elevators), and a generous seasoning of "did I just spend $15 on a bottle of water?".
Let's be honest, Instagram lies, right? It's beautiful, but your perfect photo is achievable, not the *whole* experience.
What's the *deal* with those rooms? Are they worth the price?
Alright, let's get down to brass tacks: the rooms are *nice*. They’re stylish, they’re well-appointed (the toiletries are lovely, gotta say), and the beds are comfy. But "worth the price"... that depends on your bank account and your definition of "luxury." I stayed there once and basically had to live on ramen for the next month. But... I do not regret it!
The size? They're New York rooms, so don't expect a ballroom. My tip? Splurge on a room with a view. It's a small space, so any extra light and the sights are so key.
Also, they sometimes have these quirky little design flaws. For example, the placement of the light switches... are they trying to make you feel like you're in a game of "escape the room"? It's not a big deal, but it's one of those things that just makes you chuckle.
Tell me about the food and drinks. How's the dining experience? (And, uh, is it any *good*?)
Okay, the dining situation at The Beekman deserves its own novel. The main restaurant, *Temple Court*? Fancy. Like, "wearing a tie and pretending you know about wine" fancy. And the food? Generally excellent, but prepare for prices that will make your eyes water. I had a phenomenal steak there once, and I'm pretty sure it cost more than my rent.
The cocktail bar? The drinks are creative, but again, be ready to fork over some serious dough. The service there is a bit spotty sometimes; I once waited over an hour for a very basic cocktail.
You've got Augustine, the casual option? Sometimes hit or miss. One morning, the pancakes were divine, fluffy clouds of heaven. The next? Flatter than a pancake that gets sat on.
My overall advice? If you're a foodie, go for the experience, but maybe budget beforehand. And maybe sneak in a granola bar from the bodega around the corner. You know, just in case.
What's the vibe like? Is it stuffy or fun?
The vibe fluctuates depending on the day, the time, and probably the phase of the moon. It's *trying* to be effortlessly cool and chic, which, sometimes, it totally nails. Other times? It's kind of a parade of very stylish (and very rich) people.
It can feel stuffy. But also, it can be really fun. The atrium is where all the magic happens, it's grand, it's amazing, and as long as you aren't afraid to bump shoulders with someone who paid more than you did for their lunch, you'll be fine!
But here’s a story: I was once stuck in the elevator with a couple who, let's just say, *exuded* wealth. They spent the entire ride complaining about the “peasants” in the lobby. I’m not saying the hotel attracts those types, but... It’s something to consider if you're sensitive to the scent of old money.
My advice? Go with an open mind, embrace the chaos, and people-watch. It's New York, and you never know who you'll run into.
What's the best *thing* about The Beekman?
Hands down, the atrium. Seriously, that thing is like a portal to another dimension. That glorious, light-filled, nine-story vortex is the star of the show. I'd almost pay to just sit there and stare at it all day. It's a breathtaking contrast to the frenetic energy of the city outside. Trust me, any problems or let downs are instantly forgotten by the sheer majesty of the building.
I am once again, completely and utterly blown away.
What are the downsides? What should I know *before* I go?
Oh, here we go... Okay, starting with the obvious: the price. It's expensive. Really, *really* expensive. Prepare to weep when you see your bill.
Then there's the service. It's generally good, but sometimes, it's a little... slow. Or a little… forgetful. (One time, I asked for extra towels, and they never arrived. Had to use a t-shirt.)
Also, it’s bustling! The atrium, the restaurants, the lobby... It's almost always busy, which is great for people-watching but maybe not ideal if you're looking for a quiet, secluded getaway.
Elevators again! Seriously, plan ahead.
And, let's be honest, sometimes, the sheer grandeur can feel a little overwhelming. Like, "am I worthy to be here?" overwhelmed. But you are!
Would you stay there again?
Yes. Absolutely. Despite the price, the tiny imperfections, the occasional slow service, and the fact that I'll probably be eating Top Ramen for a month afterward, I would. The atrium. The overall experience. That certain indescribable "something" that The Beekman oozes is something that lingers.
Stay Classy Hotels


Post a Comment for "Unveiling Beekman: NYC's Hidden Gem Hotel (Thompson Hotel by Hyatt)"