Chicago Bloomingdale Getaway: Luxury Suites at Residence Inn!

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Chicago Bloomingdale Getaway: Luxury Suites at Residence Inn!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Chicago Bloomingdale Getaway: Luxury Suites at Residence Inn! – and I’m bringing my real self, with all the quirks, opinions, and occasional tangents. Forget the canned reviews; you're getting the raw, unfiltered truth. Let's go!

First Impressions (and the Awkward Elevator Moments):

Right off the bat, the Residence Inn is… well, it's a Residence Inn. You know the drill. But the "Luxury Suites" part? Let’s see if that actually holds water. The exterior felt… solid. Not breathtaking. You know, dependable. The kind of place you’d expect to see a traveling salesman hauling a suitcase. The elevator? Smooth as silk… until the guy in front of me started telling a very long story about his cat and suddenly silence reigned. Awkward.

Accessibility and the "Uh-Oh" Moment:

Okay, accessibility, that's important. I poked and prodded. Wheelchair accessible? Yes, mostly. They said a full breakdown was readily available. Elevators? Check. But here’s the rub: Sometimes the "accessible" rooms don't exactly line up with expectations. Always, always call ahead to confirm details and make sure the specific room you're getting actually works for you. (Because, trust me, I've learned the hard way.) Facilities for disabled guests are listed, yay!

Cleanliness & Safety – The Germaphobe's Dream… Mostly:

Alright, cleanliness is paramount these days. The Anti-viral cleaning products are a huge plus. I noticed Daily disinfection in common areas – and lots of Hand sanitizer. They’ve clearly got the "COVID-19" thing down. Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. The Staff trained in safety protocol seemed genuinely on it. I even saw them using the Professional-grade sanitizing services. BUT, and there's always a "but," I'd still recommend bringing my own wipes and doing a quick once-over. You know, just in case!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Carb-Load or Bust!

Okay, this is where it gets interesting. Restaurants? They’ve got a restaurant, but it's all a bit… hotel-y. The Breakfast [buffet] is the main event. Expect your standard fare: scrambled eggs that might possibly be made of rubber, sausage that looks suspiciously like compressed sawdust, and (thankfully!) toast. Breakfast [buffet] is good but nothing amazing and Asian breakfast isn't available. Honestly, I am not a big fan of buffet - the food tends to lose something in translation of being prepared and prepared and kept warm for along time. The Coffee/tea in restaurant is decent enough. I liked the Poolside bar, it was quite cute. Room service [24-hour]? Score! Perfect for those late-night cravings (or, you know, a desperate need for a snack). I skipped the Vegetarian restaurant and Asian cuisine in restaurant. I'm not a huge fan of the "hotel food factory" vibe, but if you're starving, it does the job. The Coffee shop is available but, let's be honest, you came to Chicago. Get a proper coffee downtown.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Spa Day or Bust!

They have a Fitness center, which I peeked into. Looked standard. Nothing groundbreaking. But I did spend time at the Swimming pool [outdoor] I didn't mind the Pool with view, it was quite charming. Not as special as the Spa, which is what I'm here for.

The One Thing – Spa Bliss (and a Minor Flop):

Okay, the spa experience. Here's where they almost nailed it. The Massage was incredible. Seriously, the therapist had magic hands. I felt like a limp noodle afterward. But the Sauna was… lukewarm. Like, barely-there lukewarm. The Steamroom felt a bit musty. I wanted the full spa experience, but the steam room was a bummer. I did enjoy the Foot bath! and I have to say the Body scrub was one of the best I ever had. This is where the Residence Inn actually has a big success.

Services & Conveniences – The Fine Print:

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Thank the heavens.) Elevator? Yes. Air conditioning in public area? Duh. Concierge? Yep, helpful enough. Daily housekeeping? Yep. Luggage storage? You betcha. Cash withdrawal? I found one nearby. Laundry service? Yup, a lifesaver. Doorman? Nope. Convenience store? Yes, stocked with the essentials (and overpriced snacks, naturally). There's also Room service [24-hour].

For the Kids - Are they really?

I didn't have any kids with me, but I did see some Kids facilities and Babysitting service listed. So, it seems to be family-friendly.

Rooms – Let's Get Personal:

Alright, the suites. The Air conditioning was blasting, the Blackout curtains were glorious. The Bed with extra long, which was helpful. The Seating area was perfect for chilling. The Kitchen and tableware items made for a nice touch of home with the Mini bar and the Refrigerator. The Shower was lovely but there wasn't a Bathtub. It had everything you'd expect, and then some.

Getting Around - Easy Peasy

Car park [free of charge]? Woohoo! Airport transfer? Available. Taxi service? Easy to get.

The Big Picture – Should You Book?

Here's the deal. The Chicago Bloomingdale Getaway: Luxury Suites at Residence Inn isn’t perfect. But, it’s a solid choice for a few reasons:

  • Cleanliness & Safety: They're taking this seriously.
  • The Spa Experience: If you like Massage and Body scrub you are set.
  • Good Value: It’s reasonably priced for what you get.
  • Location: Solid for exploring the area (depending on your plans).

Final Verdict:

It’s not a luxury experience, but it’s a comfortable, convenient, and relatively safe place to rest your weary head after a long day of exploring Chicago. Just don't go in expecting a five-star experience. It's a solid 3.5-out-of-5 stars, easily!

My Unofficial Recommendation: If you are looking for a place to relax and you are interested in a Spa, this is your place.

Here’s my totally biased (and slightly rambling) offer:

Tired of generic hotel experiences? Craving a Chicago Escape?

Book your stay at the Chicago Bloomingdale Getaway: Luxury Suites at Residence Inn now and get:

  • **A personalized Spa credit for you enjoy the *Massage* and Body scrub.
  • Free upgrade to a suite (based on availability).
  • Complimentary local pastry and coffee delivered to your room.
  • Wi-Fi [free] for those Instagram moments.

Hurry! This offer is for a limited time only. Don't miss your chance to experience a genuinely enjoyable Chicago escape!

(Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the Residence Inn. This review is based on my personal experience, and your mileage may vary. Also, I REALLY hope the lukewarm sauna gets fixed.)

Scranton's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Dickson City! (PA)

Book Now

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's rigid itinerary. This is reality… Chicago edition, from the cozy confines of the Residence Inn in Bloomingdale. And let me tell you, just getting here was a small victory.

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale: My Bloomingdale Battlefield (and Occasionally a Cozy Oasis)

Day 1: Arrival, Existential Dread, and the Glorious Smell of Chlorine

  • Afternoon (The Great Escape): Officially arrived. Flight was delayed, of course. Found myself stuck between a crying baby and a guy who really wanted to tell me about his stamp collection. This is why I drink. Finally made it to O'Hare (a concrete jungle), battled for an Uber (that surge pricing, ugh!), and found myself, miraculously, at the promised land: the Residence Inn. It's…fine. Seems clean enough. The room is a little…sterile? Beige on beige. But hey, a roof and a bed. Small wins. Unpacked, which is an exercise in my own brand of organizational chaos. My suitcase looks like a clothing bomb exploded.

  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening (Poolside Panic): Okay, I promised myself I'd be healthy on this trip! So, I bravely ventured to the pool. Which was a mistake. The water had that intense chlorine smell that burns your nostrils and makes you question your life choices. Sat on a chair for 30 minutes watching the other guests, judging myself and others, and contemplating the meaning of life. Decided the answer was "pizza."

  • Evening (Bloomingdale's Secret Supper): Okay, the hotel shuttle to a restaurant was…a bit of a bust. The driver seemed to hate his job. Found a random chain restaurant, ate some bland pasta. I was too tired to care. The waiter kept calling me "hun." Shudders. Back to the hotel. Watched trashy TV and fell asleep mid-show. Success?

Day 2: The Mall of Misery, and the Joy of a Breakfast Scramble

  • Morning (Breakfast Bliss…or Bust?): This is where the Residence Inn shines! Free breakfast is a Godsend. The scramble? Perfect. Coffee, good. The other guests? A mix of business travelers and bewildered families. I somehow ended up chatting with a woman whose poodle was wearing a tiny raincoat. I felt my cynicism melt a bit. Pure joy.

  • Mid-Morning (The Mall Incident): Armed with caffeine and a newfound sense of optimism, I decided to be a tourist. I mean, I was in Bloomingdale! The place to be! So I hit the Stratford Square Mall. Oh. My. God.. I had a flash of panic and ended up hiding in a shoe store, which I don't even need new shoes. The mall was a twilight zone with outdated stores and wandering teenagers. My optimism promptly vanished. I was starting to feel like a ghost, wandering the empty halls of a forgotten memory.

  • Afternoon (Redemption Through Retail? Maybe): Got lost in the food court, which felt even more depressing than the stores. After that, I found a vintage shop and managed to find a cool necklace, and decided to just focus on the positive aspects; no traffic, good air conditioning, and lots of places to sit. Came back to the Hotel to do some work, and watched some television programs for research.

  • Evening (Takeout & Self-Loathing…and a surprisingly good book): Takeout Chinese. It was…adequate. Ate in my beige room and felt a pang of loneliness. But! I'd brought a book. And it turned out to be fantastic. Lost in the pages, the world and my worries began to fade away.

Day 3: The Local Flavor (and the Unexpected Existential Crisis)

  • Morning (Breakfast Redemption, Part II): Back to the glorious breakfast buffet. More scramble. Lived.

  • Mid-Morning (The Secret Garden - My Very Own Side Quest): Decided to explore the area. Found a small park, the local garden, which was better than I'd expected. Really peaceful, and the birds were singing. It was a breath of fresh air. I actually felt calm.

  • Afternoon (Grocery Store Fiasco): I decided to be "sensible." I did some grocery shopping. I was very anxious. It took me a while to find the yogurt.

  • Evening (Hotel Havens) : Back to the Hotel to watch the movie channel. Enjoyed the pool.

Day 4: Departure and the Questionable Future

  • Morning (Last Breakfast and Departure): One last scramble. Said goodbye to the breakfast, which I'd grown to love. Checked out the hotel, hopped in the shuttle, and headed back to the airport.

  • Afternoon (Airport Anxiety and Existential Dread Revisited): The airport chaos commenced. Endless lines, delays, and the crushing weight of my own mortality.

Final Thoughts (Or What I Learned in Bloomingdale):

  • Bloomin'dale, I may not have seen a single real Bloom. But maybe that's the lesson: sometimes, the journey is the destination, even if that destination is a sterile hotel room in the suburbs.
  • The breakfast buffet is a lifesaver.
  • Being a tourist is harder than it looks.
  • I need to learn how to pack lighter.
  • And most importantly, I'm still alive. And that's something.

So, there you have it. My Bloomingdale saga. Hopefully, it’s not too depressing. Maybe I'll visit again someday. Maybe not. Time will tell. Until then, I've got a plane to catch…and another suitcase full of clothes to somehow make sense of. Wish me luck. And remember, always order the scramble.

Luxury Living Awaits: Ciu Residence, Lippo Karawaci

Book Now

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Chicago Bloomingdale Getaway: Luxury Suites at Residence Inn - You Got Questions? I Got... Answers (Maybe)!

Okay, spill the tea. Is the Residence Inn Bloomingdale *actually* luxurious? Don't lie to me!

Alright, alright, let's be real. "Luxury" is a slippery word, right? Like, is it Versailles-level luxury? Nope. But is it luxuriously *comfortable* for a Residence Inn? Absolutely! Think bigger suites than you're probably used to. Separate living area? Check. Full kitchen (I swear, I almost cried with joy at the sight of the fridge!)? Double check. The suites are genuinely spacious, which, coming from a claustrophobic human like myself, is HUGE. They've got a nice (not mind-blowing) fitness center, decent pool. I went swimming once, and a rogue child splashed me... but hey, that's part of the charm, right? Mostly, I'd say it's "upscale Residence Inn," which, in the burbs, is exactly what you want. A luxurious escape from a cramped apartment.

I'm a foodie! Is there anything exciting to eat nearby? Don't tell me chain restaurants.

Okay, listen up, because this depends on your definition of "nearby." Bloomingdale itself isn't exactly a culinary mecca, BUT! You're close enough to some decent stuff. I discovered this amazing little Italian place, *Vero* (I think?), about a ten-minute drive. Their pasta? Forget about it. Like, officially amazing. And, if you're willing to venture a bit further (like, maybe 20 minutes), you can hit up some places in the Oak Brook area, and believe me, there's a whole world of good eats there. I had the best steak of my life nearby, in Oak Brook, and I'm not kidding! However, I spent the entire time there trying to decide if it's worth the high price, I'm still on the fence, but the steak WAS good.

How's the location? Is it easy to get around, or am I stuck in the 'burbs forever?

Oh, the location. It's a bit of a trade-off, honestly. You're *technically* in Bloomingdale, which is a perfectly pleasant suburb. It's quiet, safe, and family-friendly (prepare to see strollers EVERYWHERE). Getting into the *city*? That takes some planning. The commute can be a bear depending on traffic. I, personally, opted for a mix of driving and train. Driving to a nearby 'L' station and then jumping on the train seemed to be the quickest and most sanity-preserving option. Parking? Can be a bit of a pain, and expensive, depending on where you're headed. But hey, at least you're not directly *in* the city chaos, you know?

The free breakfast - is it worth getting out of bed for? Be honest!

Okay, HUGE disclaimer: I am a breakfast person! I live for the first meal of the day. Now, the free breakfast at the Residence Inn is...consistent. Think standard hotel fare. Waffles, eggs, sausage/bacon (the quality varies, in my experience!), cereal, fruit. It's not Michelin-star-worthy, but it's FREE. And it's convenient. I wouldn't go out of my way to rave about it, but it's a perfectly acceptable way to start your day, especially when you're trying to be cheap. I did, however, develop a very strong opinion on the quality of their coffee. Some days it tasted like battery acid, while on other days it was surprisingly good...so good, I sometimes forgot I'm in a free breakfast setting.

Okay, let's talk about the staff. Are they helpful? Friendly? Should I bring them cookies?

The staff? Generally lovely! They were always friendly and helpful when I needed anything. I remember one time, my key card wasn't working (classic me!), and the front desk person quickly got it sorted out with a smile. They seemed genuinely interested in making sure I had a good stay. Do you need to bring them cookies? Nah, they're probably used to it. But a thank you goes a long way, right? Polite, and friendly. I think a good tip now and then is always appreciated!

What about the noise levels at the hotel? I need my beauty sleep!

Bloomingdale is pretty quiet overall, and the Residence Inn seemed to reflect that. I didn't experience any major noise issues. Sometimes, you'd hear a bit of hallway chatter or the occasional door slamming, but nothing that kept me awake at night. I'm a light sleeper, too, so take that as a good sign. I was in a suite on the second floor. Maybe it depends on the placement, but it was pretty quiet and peaceful. You get that suburban ambiance, you know?

Anything I need to bring to make the most of my stay? Beyond the basics...

Okay, listen up, because this is where I unleash my inner packing guru. First, a *good* book. Gotta have something to wile away those quiet moments in your suite. Next: comfortable slippers, because, let's be real, hotel floors are not always the cleanest. (I'm a germaphobe, deal with it!). A reusable water bottle – the hotel water is fine, but it's also nice to have water at a moment’s notice. And a few snacks for the suite. Travel-sized toiletries are nice to have, but don’t forget your *own* favorite shampoo and conditioner! Don’t get caught dry!

Parking: What's the deal? Is it free, or am I going to be nickel-and-dimed?

Parking is free! Thank goodness for that. It's a huge win, believe me. The parking lot is spacious, too, which is a plus. You won't have to spend your first day figuring out where to park. But don't leave your car in front of the building that says "no parking overnight!" I once tried... it didn't end well :)

Where To Sleep In

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale Bloomingdale (IL) United States

Post a Comment for "Chicago Bloomingdale Getaway: Luxury Suites at Residence Inn!"