Escape to Paradise: Your Dream West Palm Beach Getaway Awaits!

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream West Palm Beach Getaway Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: My West Palm Beach Getaway – The Honest Truth (and a LOT of Wi-Fi)

Okay, so I just got back from "Escape to Paradise: Your Dream West Palm Beach Getaway!" and, folks, let me tell you… it was an experience. Before you dismiss this as just another glowing review, let me be brutally honest. I’m talking real talk, warts and all. Because let's be real, finding the perfect getaway is like chasing a unicorn. But did this one come close? Well, let's dive in, shall we?

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (I’m Looking at You, Elevators!)

First things first, I have to be honest. I’m not using a wheelchair, but I did spend a good chunk of time observing the whole accessibility thing. The website promises facilities for disabled guests, which is fantastic. But honestly? The elevators. They were slow. Painfully slow. Especially during peak hours. Now, I can walk up a few flights, but if you need that elevator, you'll be doing a lot of waiting. This is a critical point for anyone with mobility challenges, and it's something the hotel needs to improve, ASAP. Aside from that, things seemed pretty good, with ramps and accessible rooms available (though I didn’t see them firsthand).

Internet: My Lifeline (and Free Coffee Fuel)

Alright, let's get down to brass tacks: the Wi-Fi. In this day and age, it's survival. And guess what? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Thank God. And not just free, but good free. I’m talking streaming-your-favorite-show-without-pixelation good. Plus, the hotel offered Wi-Fi in public areas too, but let's be honest, I spend most of my time curled up in my room binge-watching Netflix.

Oh, and they had LAN too! Who uses that anymore? Unless you are some sort of retro gaming enthusiast, you will be fine with the Wi-Fi… I didn’t even bother trying the LAN.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Carbo-Loading in Paradise (Mostly Good!)

Okay, the food. This is where things got interesting. I’m gonna be real, I have a love-hate relationship with hotel food – especially buffet breakfasts.

  • Breakfast [buffet] was the usual suspects – scrambled eggs, sad-looking bacon, and a questionable selection of pastries. BUT… they offered an Asian breakfast, and honestly? Surprisingly good. I’m talking real, legit, tasty Asian breakfast—a welcome reprieve from the standard American fare.
  • Restaurants: They had a few restaurants (because, West Palm Beach, right? People need options!), with Asian cuisine in the restaurant, and Western cuisine in the restaurant. I tried both; one night, I had a shockingly delicious pad thai, and the next, a somewhat-standard, but perfectly acceptable burger.
  • The Poolside Bar: Ah, the poolside bar. My happy place. This place was seriously a scene. I made friends, drank too many fruity cocktails (happy hour!), and generally reveled in the sunshine. Pricy, yes. Worth the view? Absolutely.
  • Room Service [24-hour]: A godsend for those late-night cravings or early morning breakfasts. I ordered a burger at 2 am, and it arrived, hot and delicious, in record time.
  • Coffee Shop: I’m a coffee addict, so a coffee shop on-site was a must. They had actual good coffee too. Score!
  • Snack Bar: perfect to grab a quick bite.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Get Your Zen On (or Don't, I Won't Judge)

Okay, relaxation. This is where "Escape to Paradise" really shines. I’m not a huge spa person (too much fuss!), but even I was tempted. Here's the rundown:

  • The Pool with a View: The pool. Oh. My. God. The pool. It's gorgeous. Infinity-edge, overlooking the ocean, and just… breathtaking. I spent hours just floating, staring at the horizon, and occasionally yelling at some kids who were being too loud.
  • Spa: I'm a guy, so I skipped the body scrub and body wrap, but the spa looked incredibly luxurious. I peeked inside and almost got sucked in, but I had a deadline.
  • Sauna, Steamroom, and Gym/Fitness: I'm more of a "Netflix and chill" kind of guy, but I did glance in the gym. It was modern, clean, and had those annoying machines that make you feel inadequate.
  • Massage: I did end up booking a massage. It was heaven. Worth every penny.
  • Other activities: Lots of things to do - the hotel is centrally located.

Cleanliness and Safety: A Sanitized Sanctuary (Mostly)

Okay, this is important in the post-pandemic world. I'm a germaphobe, so I was paying close attention.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products? Check.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas? Yep.
  • Hand sanitizer everywhere? Absolutely.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available? Yes.

Overall, I felt safe. However, and this is a small gripe, I noticed some areas in the hallways that could've used a bit more attention. But hey, nobody's perfect!

Rooms: My Temporary Paradise (with Blackout Curtains!)

The rooms. Ah, the rooms. They were modern, well-appointed, and (this is a HUGE win for me) had blackout curtains! Bliss. I slept like a log.

  • Air conditioning: Thank the heavens for air conditioning. West Palm Beach is HOT.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Essential.
  • In-room safe box: Nice to have.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Did I mention the Wi-Fi?
  • Desk: Perfect for, y'know, working (ahem).

Services and Conveniences: They've Thought of Everything (Almost)

  • Concierge: Helpful and knowledgeable.
  • Daily housekeeping: Always a plus.
  • Convenience store: For those late-night snack runs.
  • Laundry service: Essential for those who like to travel light (or spill things, like me).
  • Car park [free of charge] (Big win!)

**For the Kids: Family-Friendly, But I Didn't Bring Any **

I rolled up solo…

Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Mostly)

  • Car park [free of charge]: Bonus points!
  • Valet parking: If you’re feeling fancy.
  • Taxi service: Readily available.

Overall: Should You Escape to Paradise? (The Verdict)

Look, "Escape to Paradise" isn't perfect. The elevators are slow, and cleanliness could be a smidge better in the hallways. But the good far outweighs the bad. The location is amazing. The pool is to die for. The Wi-Fi is fast. The staff are friendly. And the overall vibe is relaxed and enjoyable.

My recommendation? ABSOLUTELY. Go. Book it. Escape. But maybe take the stairs sometimes!


Compelling Offer for Escape to Paradise: Your Dream West Palm Beach Getaway Awaits!

Tired of the Daily Grind? Craving Sun, Sand, and Seriously Good Wi-Fi?

Then Escape to Paradise in West Palm Beach is calling your name!

  • Imagine this: Waking up in a luxurious, soundproofed room with blackout curtains (yes, you will sleep!).
  • Picture yourself: Sipping a cocktail by the infinity pool, overlooking the ocean, worries melting away with every sip.
  • Envision this: Fueling up with our amazing Asian breakfast buffet, then heading out to explore the best of West Palm Beach.

Here’s what makes Escape to Paradise your perfect getaway:

  • Unforgettable Relaxation: Dive into our breathtaking pool, treat yourself to a heavenly massage, or simply unwind in our state-of-the-art spa.
  • Culinary Delights: From our mouthwatering Asian breakfast to our diverse restaurant offerings, we have something to satisfy every craving—including a 24-hour room service menu for those late-night cravings.
  • Connectivity at Your Fingertips: Free, lightning-fast Wi-Fi in ALL rooms and public areas! Stream your favorite shows, stay connected with loved ones, or catch up on emails—without missing a beat.
  • Convenience is Key: Free on-site parking, a helpful concierge, and a friendly staff ready to cater to your every need.

Limited-Time Offer: Book your stay now and receive:

  • 20% off your entire stay!
  • Complimentary poolside cocktail upon arrival!
  • Free parking

**Don't wait! This offer won't last

Kinder, LA's Hidden Gem: Quality Inn Review & Booking!

Book Now

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Hawthorn Extended Stay adventure in West Palm Beach. Forget those glossy travel brochures, this is the real deal. Prepare for questionable life choices, lukewarm coffee, and the constant hum of the air conditioner – welcome to my life, on a particularly sweaty Florida adventure.

Day 1: Arrival and a Questionable First Impression (and Maybe a Squirrel or Two)

  • 2:00 PM: Arrived! Jet lag is hitting me already. The Hawthorn…well, let's just say the exterior photo I saw online was a very flattering angle. The lobby looks like it's seen better days, probably back when shag carpet was still a thing. The check-in agent was… enthusiastic. A little too enthusiastic, if you catch my drift. Gave me a key card that looks like it's been through a war.

  • 2:30 PM: Room inspection. Oh, joy. Turns out my room is on the first floor, facing the parking lot. That, my friends, means a guaranteed view of… well, a lot of cars. And the occasional rogue squirrel. I swear, these Florida squirrels are like tiny, fluffy ninjas.

  • 3:00 PM: The mini-fridge is humming. Loudly. I've already poured myself a glass of ice-cold water, with more ice cubes than water. The coffee maker is also present and accounted for, and let me tell you, the coffee did not disappoint. In other words, it was a bitter, lukewarm, and uninspired caffeinated beverage.

  • 4:00 PM: Unpacked and attempting to navigate the TV channels. Good luck to me. Between the random static and the dodgy remote control, there's little to no chance I'm getting to watch anything. I've given up and decided to start writing in my journal. It's more entertaining.

  • 6:00 PM: Dinner and a walk outside! After a quick search, there's a decent pizza place down the road. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out which direction to go, and eventually I ended up getting directions from a sweet old lady walking her poodle. Her poodle was wearing a tiny sweater! I'm pretty sure that's the most exciting thing that happened.

  • 8:00 PM: Back in the room with pizza. It was okay, nothing special. Then, there was the issue of the elevator. Let's just say the elevator was old and creaky. I was a little nervous and took the stairs. I might be a little out of shape.

  • 9:00 PM: Attempting to watch TV again. Still no luck. I wonder what's on Netflix.

Day 2: Beach Day and Sunburns (and Existential Dread)

  • 8:00 AM: Woke up to the delightful sound of…construction. Apparently, there’s some kind of building project going on nearby. I'm sure it's going to be delightful.

  • 9:00 AM: Hit the beach! The air is thick and humid, and the sun is scorching. I forgot sunscreen, naturally. I should be used to how forgetful I am, and the amount of sunburns I get.

  • 10:00 AM: I had a great time on the beach, but I just realized I left my wallet in my room! I can't believe myself.

  • 11:00 AM: I had a conversation with a local, and now I think I've decided about the meaning of life. This has been a truly spiritual trip.

  • 3:00 PM: After all the beach fun, I'm back in the room nursing my sunburn and my existential crisis. The air conditioner is still working overtime. It's a constant hum, but I think I'm getting used to it.

  • 4:00 PM: Decided to tackle the mysterious washing machine. This thing is a beast. The instructions are confusing, and let's just say my laundry is probably a disaster. Oh well.

  • 6:00 PM: Found a local taco joint, "Taco Shack". Great food and great atmosphere. I ate way too much, but no regrets!

  • 8:00 PM: Finished the night with some old television and some snacks. I think I'll sleep and get some well-deserved rest. The construction crew can't get me!

Day 3: Culture and a Whole Lot of Confusion (and a Possible Bedbug Emergency)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the "Free Continental Breakfast" (which really means a sad selection of stale bagels and instant coffee).
  • 10:00 AM: Decided to be "cultured" and visit the Norton Museum of Art. It was nice, very…artistic. Spent an hour contemplating the meaning of a particularly abstract painting. I think I got more confused, but I've always had a hard time with abstract art!
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a cafe. The sandwich was good, but the service was… less enthusiastic. The waiter seemed to hate his job. I feel you, buddy.
  • 1:00 PM: Back at the room. I think I saw a bedbug. Or…maybe it was just my imagination. I inspected everything. I'm pretty sure it's nothing, but now I can't stop itching. This hotel is killing me.
  • 4:00 PM: Resigned myself to another afternoon in the room. Found a great book on the history of cats. It's been a long journey, and even though I didn't want to come, I'm ready to say goodbye.
  • 6:00 PM: I had a farewell dinner in the hotel room. I ordered another pizza, it wasn't as good as before.
  • 8:00 PM: Packed up, had one last look at my room. The journey has been an adventure, but I can't wait to go home.

Day 4: The Departure

  • 9:00 AM: Check out! The check-out process was quick and painless, which was a pleasant surprise.
  • 10:00 AM: Road trip! I'm finally leaving, and ready to go home. Never again, Hawthorn Extended Stay.

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't perfect, but it was an adventure. The Hawthorn Extended Stay? Well, let's just say it provided a certain…rustic charm. But hey, it's the memories that count – the good, the bad, the questionable. And believe me, I have plenty of those. This stay was certainly a memorable one, and one I will tell my grandchildren about! I'm just glad it's over.

Kearney's BEST I-80 Hotel: Comfort Inn Reviews & Deals!

Book Now

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream West Palm Beach Getaway Awaits! - Seriously, You Need This FAQ (and Maybe a Margarita)

Okay, Okay, I'm intrigued! What *is* "Escape to Paradise?" Is it like, a timeshare? Because I'm allergic to those.

Whoa, hold up on the timeshare panic! No, sweetie, no timeshares here. "Escape to Paradise" is simply our way of saying, "Get your butt to West Palm Beach, and let us help you do it right." Think of us as your personal, slightly-scatterbrained, but ultimately awesome, concierge for all things WPB. We've got recommendations for hotels, restaurants, beaches... the whole shebang. Think of it like... a digital postcard from your happiest place, but instead of a cheesy photo, it's practical advice. And trust me, after you see some of these photos I took last week, you *will* be thinking of your happiest place!

So, you're telling me you're basically... travel agents? But without the high pressure sales tactics? (Please, I beg you, without the tactics.)

Hah! Travel agents? Yeah, in a way. But we’re more like your cool, super-local friend who *knows* where the good stuff is. And trust me, the good stuff is *everywhere* in WPB. Think secret speakeasies, the BEST sunset spots that don't involve rubbing shoulders with a million other tourists, and that tiny little taco truck that'll change your life. We’re not pushing overpriced packages; we're sharing the insider scoop. No pressure, just paradise. Plus, our boss is named Karen, and she’d fire us if we got aggressive. She's seen some things, let me tell you.

**Real Talk Anecdote:** I actually tried to book a hotel for my *own* trip to WPB last year, and spent an hour on the phone with some poor soul trying to upsell me a room I didn't want, at a price that made my eyes water. That’s when I knew we needed to do this differently! Who needs that kind of stress before a vacation? Nobody, that's who.

What kind of "good stuff" are we talking about? I'm a foodie, a beach bum, and a (secretly) avid art lover. Can you still tempt me?

Honey, are you kidding me? We're talking about *everything* you just described! West Palm Beach is a freakin’ buffet of awesome.

  • Foodies: Prepare your taste buds! From upscale dining experiences (hello, lobster ravioli!) to fresh seafood shacks and vibrant ethnic eateries (the Cuban sandwiches alone are worth the trip!), you will never go hungry. We have a restaurant list that will make you drool. (I drooled a little making it.)
  • Beach Bums: The beaches are perfection. Soft sand, crystal-clear water, the works. We'll tell you where to find the best shelling spots, the most secluded stretches, and even the bars with decent beachside cocktails (a must!).
  • Art Lovers: Get ready to be amazed! From world-class galleries and museums to stunning street art and vibrant public installations, WPB is a total artistic haven. We'll give you the lowdown on hidden artist studios and the best places to catch live music and performance art.

**Messy Truth:** Okay, confession time: I'm more of a Taco Truck and Beach Bum kinda girl. The art? I *try*. But my friend, Sarah, is obsessed! She's basically our art guru. And I promise you, even if the art isn't your *thing*, the atmosphere will suck you in. Especially around sunset. *Sigh*.

Okay, beaches, food, art... sounds great. But I am on a budget. Is this dream trip going to require me to sell a kidney?

Absolutely not! West Palm Beach can be done on various budgets. Yes, there are fancy places. But there are also tons of affordable options! Believe me, I LOVE saving money. We'll point you to the best happy hour deals, the free things to do (beaches are free, my friend), and the hidden gems that won't break the bank. We know where the best deals are because, well, we're locals! Budget is a huge part of our research

**Quirky Observation:** Seriously, some of the best food in WPB is found in the least expensive places. You just have to know where to look. And trust me, we know... it's like a culinary treasure hunt (and you usually start it with $10 in your pocket!).

You keep mentioning "insider scoop." What does that even mean in practice? Spill the secrets!

Ah, the secrets! Okay, buckle up. The insider scoop translates into things like…

  • Knowing the best time of day to hit the beach to avoid the crowds (and those pesky sunburns – trust me on this one).
  • Which local markets have the freshest produce (and the most delicious baked goods).
  • The hidden bars with live music that only the locals know about.
  • Secret spots to watch the manatees (SO CUTE, but you can't touch them!).
  • And the best spot to get a REAL Cuban sandwich (I already hinted at that one, didn't I?).

Basically, we're your shortcut to experiencing WPB like a true local, not just a tourist. It's like having a friend who lives there, but without the awkward "can I borrow your car?" conversations.

What if I have specific questions? Like, where can I find a good yoga studio? Or a place that sells vintage sunglasses?

Ask away! We're happy to answer your questions, and if we don't know the answer immediately, we'll find it. Seriously, we're like a bunch of information-obsessed squirrels, hoarding knowledge about all things WPB. Yoga studios, vintage sunglasses, the world's best key lime pie...fire away! But also, be patient with us. Remember Karen mentioned? She makes us do research. A lot of it. (and sometimes we all get stuck on the key lime pie research.)

I'm not very good with directions. Will you help me navigate the maze of streets?

You got it! We'll provide clear and concise directions to the places we recommend, including tips on parking (which can be a pain, let's be honest). We can also suggest routes based on what you are looking for. We are big fans of Google Maps. Not gonna lie. We are still figuring out what to do with those round abouts. But you'll get the hang of it. Just remember to breathe, and don't be afraid to ask a local for help! (They're usually superYour Stay Hub

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham West Palm Beach West Palm Beach (FL) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Your Dream West Palm Beach Getaway Awaits!"