
Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor: Your Dream Michigan Getaway Awaits!
Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor: My Unfiltered Michigan Escape – The Good, the Okay, and the "Huh?"
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at the Kensington Hotel in Ann Arbor, and let me tell you, it's a whole EXPERIENCE. "Your Dream Michigan Getaway Awaits," they call it. Dream? Well, let's dissect this dream, shall we? I'm going to be brutally honest, okay? No sugarcoating here. Just like that questionable piece of… well, we'll get to the food later.
First Impressions: Accessibility and Check-In (The Smooth Operator Stuff)
Straight up, the accessibility stuff? Pretty solid. Wheelchair accessible entrances and elevators are a huge plus. My friend, bless her heart, uses a wheelchair, and she navigated the hotel with minimal drama. That deserves a HUGE check mark. And speaking of checks, the contactless check-in/out, super smooth. Kudos, Kensington. The front desk [24-hour] is a lifesaver when you're arriving at some ungodly hour, which, let's be honest, is usually me. The elevator is pretty swift, too, important when you're lugging around a suitcase that probably could be classified as a small car.
Rooms: Cozy, Clean-ish, and That One Annoying Detail…
The rooms themselves? They're decent. Let's start with the positives: Air conditioning that actually WORKS. Thank GOD. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (And it’s actually pretty speedy, unlike some places where you’re basically stuck waiting for dial-up). The TV with on-demand movies was great for a lazy afternoon… I may have gotten sucked into a cheesy rom-com or five. There are bathrobes and slippers, which always makes you feel fancy. And the blackout curtains? Essential for sleeping in, because, you know, on vacation. And daily housekeeping? Yes, please!
The details? They are there. Linens are nice, the hair dryer worked (thank goodness), and the desk had a decent laptop workspace. Complimentary tea and coffee/tea maker are appreciated for early risers like me.
Now, the "Huh?" moment? The shower. Look, the separate shower/bathtub situation is lovely, but the water pressure was… well, let's just say it took a while to rinse out the conditioner. And the lighting? A bit dim. You could almost convince yourself you're living a gothic novel.
Cleanliness and Safety: Germaphobes, Rejoice (Mostly)
Alright, this is where Kensington really shines right now. The whole COVID thing? They’ve nailed it. Seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products are in use, and they're doing daily disinfection in common areas. The staff is clearly trained in safety protocol, and there was physical distancing of at least 1 meter enforced. The hotel goes beyond that: Rooms are sanitized between stays, and there’s room sanitization opt-out available. They also offer individually-wrapped food options, a safe dining setup, and hygiene certification is clearly visible. My germaphobe friend was practically glowing with happiness. They've even removed shared stationery.
Dining: A Rollercoaster of Flavors (and a Few Misses)
Okay, dining. This is where things get… interesting. The breakfast [buffet] was, well, a buffet. The usual suspects: scrambled eggs (a little rubbery, if I'm honest), pastries (some good, some… not so much), and fruit. There's breakfast in room option too, in case you're more of a private eater. They have a vegetarian restaurant, and the Asian cuisine in restaurants was also on offer, as was international cuisine.
But. That "questionable piece of…" That was from the salad bar, ok? Some of the greens looked a little… sad. Avoid. I went for the omelet station instead, which was a lifesaver. Coffee was decent (essential for a caffeine addict like myself).
Then there are the positives! The bar is lively! Poolside bar looked great and even had some tasty desserts in the restaurant! They conveniently offer room service [24-hour] AND the coffee shop downstairs was a godsend for those early mornings I talked about.
Relaxation and Recreation: Spa Days, Pool Dreams, and Fitness Fumbles
Ah, the fun stuff! The swimming pool [outdoor] looked gorgeous, but I didn't actually get to dip in. But it had a pool with a view, so that's always a win. They have a fitness center, which I intended to use (let's be honest, I didn't set foot in it). They also offer a spa with a sauna, steamroom, massage, body scrub, and body wrap options. That's a lot! I was sorely tempted to indulge in the spa but ran out of time!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They have a concierge. Always a plus. They also provide daily housekeeping, dry cleaning, and laundry service. They offer a car park [free of charge], which is a massive relief (parking in Ann Arbor can get brutal). There's a convenience store, which is great for grabbing snacks and forgotten toiletries. A couple of times I needed the cash withdrawal service too.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Vibes
Kensington Hotel definitely seems to be family/child friendly. They had a babysitting service, kids facilities, and even kids meal options.
Things to Do (Beyond the Hotel): Ann Arbor Adventures!
Ann Arbor, you guys, is amazing! Within just a short drive of the hotel, you've got all kinds of things.
Ways to Relax: (That Weren't the Spa):
- Wake up and order breakfast in room
- Read a book by a window that opens.
- Sit on the terrace and people watch.
- Get an aromatherapy massage (seriously, treat yourself).
The Verdict: Should You Book?
Okay, here's the bottom line. The Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor is a solid choice. It’s clean, safe, and offers a range of amenities that make it a convenient base for exploring Ann Arbor. The accessibility is a major plus, as is the commitment to safety. The dining situation has its ups and downs, but the overall experience is positive.
It's not perfect, but then again, what is life? (Besides that salad bar. Avoid the salad bar). Would I go back? Absolutely. Especially if they fix that shower pressure.
My Unfiltered Offer to You:
Tired of the Same Old Vacation? Craving a Real Escape?
Book your Ann Arbor adventure at the Kensington Hotel, and get ready for a Michigan getaway that's as unique as you are!
Here's what you get when you book with us:
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected (or disconnect, your choice!).
- Spacious Rooms: Get comfy and relax.
- Delicious Breakfast: Fuel your adventures.
- A Clean and Safe Stay: Rest easy knowing we're keeping things spotless.
- Unforgettable Ann Arbor Experiences: From the vibrant downtown scene to outdoor adventures, we're your gateway.
But wait, there's MORE!
Use Code "ANNARBORADVENTURE" at checkout and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of Michigan wine upon arrival!
- Early check-in (subject to availability), so you can start your fun sooner!
- Complimentary Parking
Don't wait! This offer won't last forever! Book your dream Michigan getaway today! [Link to Booking Page]
(P.S. Tell them I sent you, and maybe, just maybe, they'll fix that shower pressure.)
Unbelievable Mt. Rushmore Views! Your Dream Hill City Getaway Awaits (Comfort Inn & Suites)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to embark on a gloriously discombobulated journey through… The Kensington Hotel, Ann Arbor! No, seriously. I am going to try my best to wrangle a real-sounding travel itinerary out of this, and trust me, it's going to be less 'perfect brochure' and more 'that time I tried to assemble IKEA furniture after a mimosa'.
KENSINGTON HOTEL ANN ARBOR: A MESSY, MAGNIFICENT ITINERARY (Probably)
Day 1: Arrival & An Awkward Encounter with a Pillow (Probably)
- 1:00 PM - Arrival & Check-In (…Hopefully Smooth?)
- Okay, so I land in Detroit (DTW). The rental car situation? Stressful. I'd pre-booked, of course. "Guaranteed vehicle," they said. "Guaranteed vehicle," they lied. Ended up with a car that looked suspiciously like it was previously owned by a particularly enthusiastic squirrel. Anyway, I make it to The Kensington Hotel, slightly frazzled, clutching my oversized tote bag like a life raft. Check-in? Fingers crossed. I'm picturing a smiling face, a room key, and… a room that actually looks like the pictures. Let's be optimistic.
- Anxiety Level: Moderately high. I'm a travel klutz.
- 1:30 PM - Room Reconnaissance & The Pillow Incident
- Alright, I found the room! It’s… fine. Actually, it's quite nice. Big plus! Shower pressure check…pass! I’m already mentally planning my first luxurious, hot shower. But then… the pillows. Oh, the pillows.
- You know how some hotels have those perfect, fluffy, cloud-like pillows? These were not those. These were… firm. Like, really firm. Think brick, covered in satin. I try to fluff it, I try to manipulate it. I even consider flipping to the other side. Nothing. This is going to be a long night.
- Anecdote: I once spent an entire night in a hotel, convinced the pillow was plotting against me. I genuinely thought it was trying to suffocate me with its sheer… stubbornness. Good times.
- Emotional Reaction: Mild despair. Sleep is crucial, people. Crucial.
- 2:30 PM - Unpacking, Settling In, and a Moment of Existential Dread (Optional)
- Unpack. Find the coffee machine. Assess the view (probably parking lot). This is the part where the reality of being "on vacation" sinks in. Am I really here? Did I remember to turn off the oven? Are my cats plotting my demise?
- Quirky Observation: Hotels smell. Like all of them. Sometimes they smell like cleaning products, sometimes like the lingering scent of a bygone buffet. It's a thing.
- Rambling: I should be happy. I am happy. But also… is this all there is? Am I destined to spend my life in pursuit of the perfect hotel pillow? These are the questions that plague the weary traveler.
- Opinion: I’m going to try and embrace the messiness. Let the imperfections be my guide. Besides, I brought earplugs.
- 3:30 PM - Exploring the Hotel (Sort Of)
- I'll poke my head around the hotel. See if there’s a gym, maybe a pool, I'm not a huge fitness fanatic. It’s more for the idea of being healthy. Realistically, I’ll probably just find a comfy chair and plan my assault on the hotel's complimentary coffee supply.
- Minor Category: Coffee Machine Assessment - I rate the coffee machine as a very essential element of any room I stay in. Is the coffee free? Is it strong? Is it decent?
Day 2: Downtown Ann Arbor & the Pizza Predicament
9:00 AM - Breakfast & The Great Oatmeal Debate
- Breakfast, finally. Hotel breakfast is usually a gamble. Today, the stakes are high: cereal or oatmeal? The oatmeal looks…viscous. Slightly… gloopy. I debate the merits of processed sugar vs. the potential for digestive distress. I opt for the cereal because the box looks shinier. My decisions are very carefully and intellectually thought-out.
- Opinion: Hotel breakfast cereal is never as good as the stuff at home. It’s a universal truth.
10:00 AM - Into the City! (Hopefully Not Lost)
- Venturing into downtown Ann Arbor! Armed with a Google Maps screenshot, I'm going to attempt to navigate the charming streets. My sense of direction is… whimsical. I'll probably end up wandering aimlessly for a bit, but hey, that's part of the adventure, right?
- Anecdote: One time, in Rome, I spent three hours trying to find the Trevi Fountain. I stumbled into a random gelateria, ate three scoops of pistachio gelato, and then, finally, finally, found the fountain. The gelato was the highlight.
- Emotional Reaction: Anticipation! And a healthy dose of self-doubt.
11:00 AM - Ann Arbor Wandering - Shops, Sights, and Maybe a Bookstore?
- I'll just drift, see what catches my eye. Browse some shops. Maybe find a local bookstore (because I love those). I'm thinking of finding something nice for myself. I’ll be looking for a little something to bring back.
- Quirky Observation: I'm a sucker for a good independent bookstore. The smell of old paper and the promise of untold stories… it’s my happy place.
1:00 PM - The Pizza Predicament (A Deep Dive into Dough-Related Distress)
- Lunch! I'm on a mission – to find the BEST pizza in Ann Arbor. Now, this is where things get potentially messy. I've read reviews, googled "Ann Arbor pizza," and compiled a list. But the problem? So. Many. Choices.
- The Pizza Predicament: Do I go deep dish? Thin crust? Neapolitan? Local favorite? Chain restaurant? The pressure is immense.
- Rambling: Pizza is a serious business. It's a culinary art form. It's a source of comfort, joy, and potential food coma.
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: I'M STARVING! I need pizza NOW!
- Doubling Down: I decide to dedicate the ENTIRE afternoon to pizza consumption. I'll try three different places, take meticulous notes on crust texture, sauce flavor, and cheese-to-topping ratio. This is research, people! For science! (or, you know, my stomach)
Day 3: Relaxation, Check-Out, and The Epilogue (Or, The Pillow Strikes Back)
9:00 AM - A Last Attempt at Pillow-Related Peace
- Another morning. The pillow is still… there. Mocking me. I might try to fold it into a more, supportive shape, but honestly, I'm losing the will to care.
- Opinion: The pillow is the true villain of this trip.
10:00 AM - Unplanned Adventure
- I’ll find something to do at a whim. Maybe another shop, another small tour somewhere? Whatever the day brings.
11:00 AM - Final Farewell & Check-Out Chaos (Possibly)
- Check-out time. Hopefully, the whole thing will be painless. Clear-headed. I have packed everything and I leave the hotel,
- Anecdote: Once, I accidentally left my toothbrush in a hotel room. I only realized it when I got to the airport. I spent the next 12 hours using my finger and a travel-sized tube of toothpaste. Learn from my mistakes, people. Pack EVERYTHING.
12:00 PM - Departure & Reflections (And the Pillow's Revenge?)
- Heading back to the rental car (or, you know, the squirrel-mobile). Time to say goodbye to Ann Arbor. Time to evaluate my trip. Was it a success? Did I eat enough pizza? Did I conquer the pillow?
- Emotional Reaction: Mild regret (I didn't try enough pizza). A sense of accomplishment (I survived!). And a lingering feeling that the pillow… won.
- Epilogue: In the end, the Kensington Hotel was… an experience. The pillow? A constant reminder that even the best-laid travel plans can be thwarted by a stubbornly firm piece of bedding. But did I have a good time? Absolutely. And that, folks, is the messy, magnificent truth of travel.
- Final Opinion: Bring your own pillow. Seriously.
So there you have it. A travel itinerary, crafted with heart, humor, and a healthy dose of imperfection. Now go forth and embrace the chaos! And may your own hotel pillows be kind.
Chicago Bloomingdale Getaway: Luxury Suites at Residence Inn!
Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor: Your Dream Michigan Getaway? (Or Maybe Just a Pretty Good One?) - FAQs, Unfiltered!
Okay, spill the tea. Is the Kensington Hotel really as 'dreamy' as the website makes it sound?
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they comfy? And do they *actually* have that fancy Nespresso machine they show?
What about the food situation? Is there a good restaurant, or am I stuck eating instant noodles in my room? (Please say no noodles!)
Is there a pool? Because I'd like a pool. Pools are good.
What's the parking situation like? Because parking can be a nightmare, especially in Ann Arbor.
Is it a good hotel for couples? Or families? Or… people who just want to be alone and eat potato chips in peace?
Is there anything *really* annoying about the Kensington? Gimme the dirt!
Would you stay there again? Be honest!
Anything else a potential guest needs to know? Like, secret tips?
- **Walk Everywhere:** Seriously, Ann Arbor is best explored on foot. The Kensington is perfectly positioned. Ditch the car (after you park it, of course!).
- **Breakfast Alternatives:** While Vault is convenient,Roam And RestsThe Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor (MI) United States
The Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor (MI) United States
Post a Comment for "Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor: Your Dream Michigan Getaway Awaits!"