Redding's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review & Hidden Perks!

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

Redding's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review & Hidden Perks!

Redding's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review & Hidden Perks! (Brace Yourself, It's Real Life)

Okay, listen up. I’m not going to lie, I've seen this hotel, TownePlace Suites in Redding, CA, pop up a million times. And honestly? I rolled my eyes at first. Another cookie-cutter hotel, right? WRONG. After actually staying there, I'm here to tell you – it's got more hidden perks than you might think, and hey, it's probably Redding's best bet. Buckle up, because this review is going to be… well, it’s going to be me. Messy, honest, and hopefully, helpful. (And maybe a little rambling. Sorry, not sorry.)

The Accessibility & Safety Stuff (Let's Get the Boring Stuff Out of the Way… Mostly)

Alright, alright, let's talk practicalities. Accessibility? They've got it. I can't personally testify, but I checked the details, and it appears really good. Wheelchair accessible seems to be a big focus, and that's awesome. Elevators are present (phew!), and the rooms are designed with accessibility in mind. I felt safe, and that's important, you know? Security is key here. There's CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside the property, plus 24-hour security and a front desk manned around the clock. Check-in/out? Contactless check-in/out is available, which is totally my jam, because I love avoiding human interaction after a long drive.

Oh, and the whole "COVID" thing. They've put in the effort. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, and staff trained in safety protocol. Plus, you can even opt-out of room sanitization, which I appreciate because it gives me options! Hand sanitizer everywhere, and everyone's wearing masks. They even had individually-wrapped food options at breakfast. They’re trying, people, they really are.

Rooms: My Little Sanctuary (And Maybe Yours Too)

Okay, real talk. The rooms? Surprisingly solid. My room had air conditioning (essential in Redding, trust me), a super comfy bed, and a sofa to collapse on after a day of exploring (or, let's be honest, just staring at the ceiling). Free Wi-Fi – and not just in the lobby! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Huge win. I could get my Netflix fix without paying extra, and that's a big plus in my book.

The bathroom was clean and well-appointed. I appreciated the complimentary toiletries. There was a coffee/tea maker and a refrigerator (hello, midnight snacks!), and a desk if you actually need to do some work (which, let’s face it, I didn't). The blackout curtains were a lifesaver, making it easy to sleep in (or hide from the world). I was also in a non-smoking room, which is a must for me, and I even got a window that opens! (Important for fresh air!)

The Perks! (Because It's Not Just a Room)

Here's where TownePlace Suites shines. It's the hidden gems that make it special.

  • Free Breakfast? Yes, Please! Okay, so this is standard, but the breakfast buffet was actually… decent. Not gourmet, but there were waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, the works. A decent breakfast takeaway service to grab a quick meal for the road!
  • The "Things to Do" is The Best Feature: The location is excellent for access to Redding's best activities, including the Sundial Bridge & Turtle Bay Exploration Park.
  • The Pool! Now, I'm not a huge pool person, but the swimming pool [outdoor] looked inviting, and the pool with view was super pretty at sunset. It's the perfect spot to unwind after a long day, and take some scenic photos as well.
  • The Gym: Okay, I didn't actually use the fitness center. I'm on vacation, people! But I peeked in, and it looked well-equipped.
  • The Coffee Shop: Convenient to grab a morning coffee or an afternoon pick-me-up.

The Food Scene (And Maybe Where It Falls Flat)

Honestly, the dining, drinking, and snacking options aren't the hotel's strongest suit. There's not a full-blown restaurant on-site, which is a bit of a bummer. The hotel boasts Breakfast [buffet] which I already discussed, but the options are lacking.

  • Room service [24-hour] - the real deal. If you get tired of the same old dining, you can grab dinner from your room anytime!

The Service and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter)

The staff? Friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond.

  • Daily housekeeping was great.
  • Laundry service was available (essential, let’s be real).
  • Car park [free of charge] is a HUGE win. Finding free parking can be a pain.

The Quirks, The Occasional Stumbles (Because Life Isn't Perfect)

Okay, it wasn't all sunshine and roses. Here's some real talk:

  • The hotel, because it’s a hotel, but the design and decor have been done a million times before, so it's not super unique or memorable. But hey, it's clean, functional, and that's what counts.
  • Smoking area? Yes, there is one. So if you're sensitive to smoke, be warned.
  • The hotel doesn't have its own pool-side bar!

Overall:

TownePlace Suites Redding is a solid choice. It's clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. The staff is friendly, and they really try to make your stay safe and enjoyable. The breakfast is decent, the pool is a bonus, and the free parking is a lifesaver. It's not the most luxurious hotel in the world, but it’s a great value for the price, and it's definitely one of the best places to stay in Redding.

My Emotional Reaction:

I actually liked it! I went in expecting bland, and came out pleasantly surprised. I would 100% stay there again. It’s a little slice of comfortable peace amidst the sometimes-chaotic world of travel.

SEO-Optimized Offer (Because I Know You Want It!)

Ready for Unbeatable Redding Comfort & Convenience? Book Your Stay at TownePlace Suites Today!

Stop searching! Experience the best of Redding with a stay at the TownePlace Suites, your ideal basecamp for adventure and relaxation. Enjoy:

  • Spacious, Accessible Rooms: Designed for comfort and ease.
  • Free Wi-Fi & Breakfast: Stay connected and energized.
  • Key Facilities: Swimming Pool, Fitness Center.
  • Prime Location: Easy access to the Sundial Bridge, Turtle Bay Exploration Park, and all of Redding's top attractions.
  • Safety First: Rigorous cleaning protocols and friendly staff dedicated to your well-being.

Click here to book your stay and discover the hidden perks of TownePlace Suites! Don't miss out on the best Redding has to offer!

Omni Parker House Boston: Historic Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're about to dive headfirst into my chaotic, glorious, utterly human adventure at the TownePlace Suites Redding, CA. This ain't your fancy-pants, perfectly-polished travel blog; this is the real, slightly-smudged deal.

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Redding Reality Check

  • 2:00 PM - Arrival, Check-in, and the Lobby Blues: Okay, so I land at the Redding Municipal Airport (which, let's be honest, is more like a glorified bus stop with a runway) and grab my rental car (a beat-up Corolla that’s seen better days – and probably a lot of road trips). Driving to TownePlace Suites, I'm already anticipating a nice, clean room and a chill afternoon. WRONG! The front desk guy, bless his heart, is juggling about five things at once. Apparently, there's a conference in town, and the place is packed. My "King Suite with a View" turns out to be a standard room with a view of the parking lot. Ugh. Cue internal sigh. I try to stay positive. "It's okay, you can do this. You're an adventurer."

  • 2:30 PM - Room Reconnaissance and the Great Toilet Paper Crisis: Finally in the room! Okay, it's… functional? The carpet's a little suspect, and the air conditioning sounds like a dying lawnmower, but hey, there's a mini-fridge. Then, disaster strikes: the toilet paper situation is… grim. Like, one roll grim. My internal monologue erupts: "Are you kidding me?! This is the apocalypse! Wait, no, I can totally handle this. I'll just call down to the front desk and ask for more." So, I call, and the poor front desk guy (still juggling!) promises to send some up.

  • 4:00 PM - The Redding River Trail and the Squirrel Supremacy: Forget unpacking, I need to get outside. I head to the Redding River Trail. Beautiful, actually. Until I realize I’m being watched. Turns out, Redding squirrels are hardcore. They’re like tiny, furry ninjas, sizing me up, judging my fitness (or lack thereof). I decide to just focus on the river's beauty and hope they don't snatch my water bottle.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Disaster and the Quest for Edible Food: It's dinnertime! I hit up Trip Advisor and decide to try a local pizza place. The reviews were good! The pizza? Not so much. The crust was like cardboard, and the "sausage" tasted suspiciously like… well, I'm not sure what it tasted like. I took a few bites, paid my bill, and just…left. Feeling defeated, I grabbed a bag of chips and a soda from the sketchy vending machine in the hotel. It tasted like pure sugary bliss. Don’t judge me.

  • 8:00 PM - TV and a Plea to the Gods of Wi-Fi: Back at the hotel, I try to watch some TV to unwind. Sadly, the TV signal resembles a dying kitten. The Wi-Fi is equally useless. Seriously, I’m pretty sure my dial-up modem from the 90s was faster. At this point, I decide to write the hotel with a scathing review on the lack of the quality of their services.

Day 2: Embracing the Chaos and the Majestic Beauty of Mount Shasta (Almost)

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast Blues and the Phantom Coffee: Breakfast at the hotel is…okay. Waffles are the only good thing. The coffee tasted like dishwater, but caffeine is caffeine. I needed some good caffeine to survive the day as planned.

  • 9:00 AM - Road Trip! The Quest to See Mount Shasta: The main event! I decide that today is the day I conquer Mount Shasta. I pack my snacks, water, and optimism (it’s a small bag, let's be honest). The drive is gorgeous. The scenery is amazing, even if the Corolla sounds like it’s about to spontaneously combust.

  • 11:00 AM - Mount Shasta: A Close Encounter of the Foggy Kind: I get closer and closer to the mountain, which is so imposing. Suddenly, the freaking fog rolls in. BAM! Visibility drops to about five feet. I was looking forward to seeing the mountain in all its glory, but all I get is a wall of white. I tried to enjoy the drive in the fog, imagining myself as a racing driver, but the road quickly turned into a perilous and confusing mess.

  • 1:00 PM - The Redding Farmer's Market for Redemption (Maybe): Back in Redding, I needed a boost, so I go to find the Redding Farmer's Market. I find a decent sandwich, buy some local honey, and have a chat with a vendor. I feel like a real local, it's nice.

  • 3:00 PM - The Burney Falls, and the Waterfalls of Wonder: I decided to make a detour and go to Burney Falls. A short drive that rewards with amazing scenery. These waterfalls are amazing! The sheer power, the mist, the rainbows – utterly breathtaking. I sat there for an hour, just soaking it all in, feeling a deep sense of peace. This finally felt like a win.

  • 7:00 PM - Another Pizza, and the Quest to find delicious food: After being so disappointed with my previous pizza, I go for another one. This time I did my research, and after a long search, I found a pizza place that I thought would be good. I ordered my food, but after hours of waiting and no pizza, I was tired and I had to go back to the hotel. This time I bought some cookies and soda.

  • 9:00 PM - Sleep (Finally): I collapse into bed. The slightly lumpy mattress feels like heaven. Tomorrow, I’m out of here.

Day 3: The Escape and Reflections (and a Secret Vending Machine Snack)

  • 8:00 AM - Bye-Bye, Redding (and the Hotel Laundry Room): I skip breakfast, grab my stuff, and check out. I leave a note: "Please, restock the toilet paper!" The staff is a bit apologetic.

  • 9:00 AM - The Road Beckons! Farewell, Redding: I start the drive to my next destination, feeling a strange mix of relief and gratitude. Relief that I survived, gratitude for the moments of beauty I found, the random encounters, and the sheer resilience of the human spirit (even in the face of bad pizza).

  • 9:30 AM - One Final Vending Machine Hurrah: As I leave, I grab a final snack from the vending machine. A bag of chips and a soda. It tasted like freedom.

Final Verdict

TownePlace Suites Redding? It's… an experience. Not perfect, not glamorous, but real. And sometimes, that's all you need. The scenery around Redding is stunning, and if you approach your trip with a sense of humor and a willingness to embrace the chaos, you might just have a good time. Just maybe pack your own toilet paper.

Hamamatsu Adventure: 365BASE Outdoor Hostel - Your Epic Japan Escape!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

Redding's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review & Hidden Perks! (Okay, Maybe Not *BEST*, But…)

Is TownePlace Suites Redding REALLY the best hotel in town? Spill the tea!

Okay, let’s be real. "BEST" is a subjective beast. I mean, I haven't stayed EVERYWHERE in Redding. (And frankly, some of the *other* hotels look like they’re still stuck in the 1980s, bless their outdated hearts.) But is TownePlace Suites Redding up there? Yeah, probably. It's clean. It's relatively new (which, in Redding, is practically a miracle). And the suites? They're actually *suites*. Like, with a separate living area. That's gold for a road-tripping family like mine, who need a little breathing room from each other after 8 hours in the car. So, no, not the undisputed champion of Redding, possibly. But a solid contender, absolutely.

What's the deal with the "suites"? Are they actually spacious? Tell me about the awkward couch.

The suites are *mostly* spacious. Emphasis on the mostly. The living area is definitely livable. You've got a little seating area, a TV (that actually works! Progress!), and a kitchenette. Now, the kitchenette isn't exactly a gourmet chef's dream. Think microwave, mini-fridge, and a tiny sink. Perfect for reheating leftovers and making instant oatmeal. Don't expect to whip up a four-course meal. (Unless, you know, you're VERY skilled at microwaving.) And the couch! Oh, the couch... It’s a sleeper sofa, which, let's be frank, is rarely comfortable. It's usually that rock-hard thing that you try to avoid sitting on too much, but hey, it works in a pinch. My kids fought over it, naturally, but eventually, after much whining they were happy enough. It's definitely not plush, but it gets the job done - sleeping space is sleeping space when you are traveling.

Breakfast! Free breakfast is always a win. What's the spread like? Be honest!

Okay, the free breakfast is a *mixed bag*. It's free, which is a HUGE win in my book. But it’s not exactly a Michelin-star experience, you know? Think your standard hotel continental fare: toast (often slightly stale, let's be honest), bagels, pastries (some of which might actually be edible!), cereal, yogurt, and those weird pre-made scrambled egg things. The coffee? It's coffee. It'll wake you up, but don't expect it to be the nectar of the gods. They *do* have a waffle maker, which is always a highlight. And if it's busy, the line for the waffle maker can get a little… intense. I saw a lady practically elbow a small child out of the way for a waffle once. True story. It showed true determination, but, yeah. Breakfast: free, filling, and occasionally dramatic. That's Redding for you.

Hidden Perks?! What secrets does TownePlace Suites Redding hold? Give me something good!

Okay, now we're getting to the good stuff! Here's a hidden perk, and I don't know if this is a Redding-specific thing or a TownePlace Suites thing, but... the outdoor area! It’s not huge, but it’s a nice little courtyard with a pool and a hot tub. And, here's the kicker, it's *usually* pretty empty. I mean, you're in Redding! People are too busy hiking Mount Shasta or visiting Whiskeytown Lake to chill at the hotel pool. So, you might find yourself with the whole place to yourself. Picture this: me, lounging in the hot tub with a book, while the kids splash in the pool. Pure bliss. (Until the kids start fighting, of course.) Don't expect a luxury resort -- it’s just an average pool, but it beats sitting in your room, and after a long day of driving, it’s perfect.

What about the location? Is it convenient? Are there any "Redding-isms" to be aware of?

The location is pretty decent. It's close to the highway, which is great for road trips. You’re also not too far from a bunch of restaurants and stores. You've got your usual suspects - fast food, chain restaurants, etc. However, be warned about the Redding "rush hour." It's not like LA or anything, but it can get a little… congested. Also, Redding has this weird thing where everyone seems to know each other. So, don't be surprised if you overhear conversations about the local gossip. It's charming in a small-town kind of way, but it can be a little overwhelming if you're not used to it. And lastly, prepare for some seriously questionable fashion choices. Redding is a very laid back city!

Any major downsides? Spill the beans! What did you HATE?

Okay, gotta be honest here. The biggest potential downside? The soundproofing. It's not *terrible*, but you might hear your neighbors. Especially if they have small children who are also road-tripping. (And if they're fighting over the couch. I'm not projecting, you are!) I once had the unfortunate pleasure of listening to a very loud and very… enthusiastic… argument at 3 AM. Not ideal. So, bring earplugs. Trust me. Or, you know, a noise-canceling headset. Seriously, pack them.

Would you stay there again? Final verdict!

Yeah, I probably would. Despite the lukewarm breakfast and the potential for noisy neighbors, TownePlace Suites Redding is a solid choice. It's clean, spacious, conveniently located, and that little pool area is a definite bonus. It's not perfect, far from it. But hey, the world isn't perfect. And when you're just trying to get some sleep on a long trip, it's a good bet.

Okay, okay, let's get REALLY REAL. Tell me about the gym. Is it even worth a glance?

The gym. *sigh* Okay, brace yourselves. It's... small. Like, REALLY small. Imagine a closet filled with treadmills that were probably state-of-the-art in, oh, 2008. I wouldn't say, "Don't bother." because hey, if you're desperate to get a workoutSearchotel

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

TownePlace Suites Redding Redding (CA) United States

Post a Comment for "Redding's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review & Hidden Perks!"